Dolce Violins Instrument Rentals and Rent-to-Own Program
Automatic Enrollment Allows You to Build Equity from Day One!
When you rent a violin, viola or cello from Dolce Violins, you are automatically enrolled in our generous and flexible Rent-to-Own Program (see below). This offers a great way for you to build equity that can be applied toward a future purchase.
Violin Rental Fees
Level 1- $25 per month
Level 2- $30 per month
Level 3- $35 per month
Level 4- $45 per month
Viola Rental Fees
Level 1- $25 per month
Level 2- $32 per month
Level 3- $40 per month
Level 4- $50 per month
Level 1- $40 per month
Level 2- $50 per month
Level 3- $65 per month
Level 3- $85 per month
Dolce Violins Rent-To-Own Program Details
1. Rental equity up to 50% of the retail value of any violin, viola or cello we carry may be applied to any instrument in the shop (except for consignments). For example, if the retail price of an instrument is $3000, you can apply up to $1500 of your rental equity toward the purchase.
2. Customers may choose to apply their rental equity to an instrument other than the current rental instrument.
3. If a customer wishes to apply their accrued rental equity toward an instrument other than the current rental instrument, any needed repairs must be made before rental equity can be applied toward the purchase of a new instrument. All expenses associated with repairs are the sole responsibility of the renter.
4. Rental equity may be applied only to instruments – not to bows, cases or accessories.
5. Rental equity is not transferable to a third party.
What happens if a string breaks?
If a string unravels or breaks due to a string malfunction, we will replace the string at no additional cost. However, if a string breaks due to our customer’s over-tightening the string, we will replace the strings at a 20% discount off of the retail price, with no additional charge for installation.
What is your policy for replacing strings on my instrument during the rental period? All instruments will have new strings at the beginning of the rental period. During the rental period, customers can purchase replacement strings from Dolce Violins at a 20% discount off of the retail price, with no charge for installation.
What happens if my bow needs to be rehaired? When you receive your bow, it should have new hair and be in good condition. If you need to have your bow rehaired during the rental period you will need to pay for the rehair service. In the unlikely event that the bow is losing hair faster than expected, or the bow is malfunctioning for any reason, please bring it in to us and if a repair is required, we will be happy to fix or replace the bow at no additional charge.
Do you offer free adjustments on your rental instruments? Yes. In fact, we recommend that you bring your instrument in once a year for a free checkup and adjustment.
Do you provide instrument rental insurance? We do offer coverage through Dolce Violins. Please call or email for details.
Does my rental equity expire after I stop renting? We will honor your rental equity toward the purchase of an instrument for up to one year after you return your rental instrument.